Plaintiff, a 10 year old boy, was on a town softball field when he was electrocuted by a guy wire connected to a transmission line owned and maintained by the defendant Power Corporation. The electrical current that passed through plaintiff’s body caused, among other injuries, second and third degree burns resulting in multiple surgeries, skin grafts, amputation of two toes and the loss of use of the plaintiff’s left arm and hand.

The Brian O’Connell, Jr. Law Firm argued that the power company negligently maintained the power lines, permitting the boy to suffer injuries.